Sunday, March 6, 2016

Favorite Favorite

Hi, I'm Sarah, and I'm a double gauze addict. 


It is just the perfect fabric for our hot Louisiana summers. And what do you get when you combine a favorite fabric with a favorite pattern? A favorite dress. 

This is a modified Grainline Alder dress, with the vee neck and no pockets.  It's an easy modification thanks to the great tutorial on the website. 


Now, I know that this simple shape without a collar and very little detail can remind you of those pictures of people living in the Dust Bowl. It's utilitarian. But combined with his bright polka dot I think it works. The simple, easy shape is what makes it perfect for summer. 


This dress is simple, but I adore it. Now that I sew, I feel like the enjoyment I had in making someone affects how I feel about it. I really put effort into the finishes on this one, and the pride I have in the finished product just feels great when I wear it. 



 I have some newly purchased double gauze from the Nani Iro spring line, and I'm considering making another one of these. Why mess with perfection, right?


One last picture because it cracks me up. 
 
Project: polka dot dress
Fabric: Nani Iro double gauze
Pattern: Grainline Alder
Notions: I used bias tape to finish the neckline and encase some seams. Not a requirement. You'll need buttons and bread of course. 
Skills: some fun shirt making techniques, buttonholes
 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment